Advocates are ready to help with the needs of crime victims. Advocates also help with community outreach. Victims Advocate can assist with:
- In-Person consultations to help answer questions and explain how the court process works.
- Connecting victims to county and state resources.
- Providing relevant information to assist with victim needs
- Attend court appearances and assist with the judicial process
- Assuring that victims are aware of all their rights provided under the law.
- Provide resources to Mayfield Heights residents that may need assistance with basic needs.
Journey for Safety and Healing
(formerly Domestic Violence Hotline)
Our Savior Lutheran Church Food Pantry
Lifeline for health and human services
Victim Advocacy Survey
Take the survey here
Victims Rights Toolkit
With the passage of Marsy's Law, it is extremely important for victims to have access to updated victims' rights laws. The Victims Right Toolkit is the best resource to help Ohio and federal crime victims understand and exercise their legal rights. In the Toolkit, you'll find nearly everything victims need to know about their rights from the time of the first report to a hospital or police through investigation, prosecution, incarceration, and post-release control. The Toolkit provides victims with information and tools to protect and enforce their rights, such as:
- Ohio and federal crime victims' rights laws (explaining them in layman's terms with links to the Ohio Revised Code)
- Best practices
- Form letters to help victims exercise their rights (yes, sometimes victims have to request their rights).